BOOL was mainly designed for general searches but as days passed by, US IT recruiters /recruiters finds BOOL more useful to easily generate the Boolean search strings but this small effective tool has become a part of every recruiter.
Here is the Download link of BOOL to install to your chrome browser
Step 2 :
As soon as you click on the link which mentioned in the step 1 you will be popped with a page.
Then click on the ADD TO CHROME button which is on the top right corner of the page.
Then it will be added to your Chrome browser placed in the section ,next to search bar of the browser. There you can see an icon of BOOL then click on that to open.
BOOL consists of mainly three sections
- Boolean string builder
Boolean string builder
It consists three main Boolean operators AND, OR ,NOT with three drop down boxes which are
- Browser : Google and Bing
- X-Ray : LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, GitHub
- File type: Doc,docx, PDF,xls, PPT.
First Select the search engine from Browser section in which you want to search for ,then just type in your skill which you are sourcing for if you want to use new word just click on AND button like wise as on OR ,NOT ,then hit the search button
NOTE: Remember to select the source from X-ray drop down button ie. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, GitHub
Color codes which are used in BOOL
Green – OR
Orange – NOT
Uses /Advantages of BOOL search tool
- Used to generate X-ray search string
- Used to find people on social networking sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter ,Google+ etc..,
- Able save your Boolean string
Boolean string is built instantly
- US IT recruiters
- Domestic Recruiters
- Recruitment industry
- For Recruiters who are interested in building Boolean search strings or performing X-ray searches of LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook more efficiently.
Size of the file : 1.65MB
Happy Recruiting :
Thank you for visiting please let me know your thoughts on this article by commenting below.